KAI Kompetenzzentrum Automobil- und Industrieelektronik GmbH was founded in 2006. Today it is a well-established competence center with 60 employees. The main focus is on power electronics reliability, materials research, modeling and simulation.
KAI Kompetenzzentrum Automobil- und Industrieelektronik GmbH is a legally independent subsidiary, 100% owned by Infineon Technologies Austria AG. KAI is a well-established industrial research center with a large national and international network of partners. Besides core competences in the area of power electronics reliability, test concept and methodology development, advanced semiconductor materials research, Bayesian statistical lifetime modelling and multi-physics FEM simulation, KAI maintains a well-equipped electronics design laboratory, dedicated measurement equipment for materials characterization as well as state of the art simulation computing resources, complemented by a long proven experience in the coordination of interdisciplinary research projects.
– Statistical modelling of device life time with physical regression models as well as the development of data analysis methods for semiconductor production data based on machine learning techniques are additional branches of academic research at KAI that are currently supported by national scientific funding programs.
KAI contributes to iRel4.0 as a research partner with know-how in the following areas:
- Advanced data analytics, image processing and machine learning: KAI supports data-driven decision making in the semiconductor industry by developing algorithms to identify deviations and to support root cause analysis.
- Corrosion reliability of electronics: KAI investigates the material behavior under simulated stress conditions to enhance their performance concerning corrosion resistance.
- Analog test-coverage: KAI develops and evaluates analog test-coverage flows.
- Application relevant stress testing: KAI develops modular application stress test concepts with real-time in-situ diagnosis of device degradation and fast detection and protective shutdown in case of failure events.
KAI directly cooperates with many partners from the iRel4.0 consortium:
- IFAT - Infineon Technologies Austria AG
- IFAG - Infineon Technologies AG
- UCLM – Universidad de Castilla – La Mancha
- UBREMEN - Universität Bremen
- FHG - Fraunhofer IFAM
- TU Wien – Technische Universität Wien
KAI contributes to each WP of the iRel4.0 project.
KAI leads IP-2: Application of image processing techniques in combination with machine learning/deep learning methods to enable the automated classification of defect density images of devices during production.
KAI participates in UC E-3: Material development and testing for component protection, where KAI develops an analytical method to determine the gas permeation and uptake of the protection coatings.
KAI contributes to the integration of new enhancement tests for faster and optimized reliability prediction by ensuring that coverage simulation software copes with the needed circuit complexity.
Further, KAI contributes to the development of a high temperature application stress test and in-situ monitoring concept for advanced power devices.
KAI Kompetenzzentrum Automobil- und Industrieelektronik GmbH
Phone: +43 5 1777 19900