Preamble - Advanced reliability is a key differentiator of electronic components and systems
- Customer satisfaction is seen as a key differentiator and increasingly has become a key element of business strategy.
- To cope with customer satisfaction, there is a need to predict the remaining life of the system (or the remaining life of its most important life limiting components). This topic is named as prognostics and health monitoring (PHM).
- PHM refers to the process of predicting the future reliability or determining the remaining useful lifetime of a product by assessing the extent of deviation or degradation of a product from its expected normal operating conditions.
- Prognostics and monitoring are not about trouble-shooting reliability issues. It is the combination of data and deep physical (and technological) insight that will give a unique “right to win” in the semiconductor industry. The future possibilities for using big connected data in reliability applications are unbounded.
- Lifetime models that are based on this data have the potential to explain much more variability in field data than has been possible before.
iRel40 has one primary objective:
Improve the Reliability by reducing the failure rate (measured in ppm)
Hence, iRel40 will be a nucleus for a new European reliability expert community, enabling differentiation in the ECS Industry.
The five strategically measurable objective are the following:
Define needs and requirements for future ECS applicants to drive improvements and prediction of reliability alon the value chain chip, package, board/system - to foster Europe's competiveness in ECS.
Implement data value chains and cross component data analytics to speed up the learning curves by 30%.
Double the predicted lifetime for specific materials and load conditions for ECS applications.
Early detection of unexpected quality relevant events along the ECS value chain by advanced and innovative control concepts.
Reduce the failure rates by 30% and enable life time prediction with connected and new test concepts along the ECS value chain.