X-FAB Dresden GmbH & Co. KG
X-FAB is the leading analog/mixed-signal foundry group manufacturing silicon wafers for analog-digital integrated circuits (mixed-signal ICs) as a foundry on behalf of customers.
Processing signals from the real analog world, such as light, temperature or speed, for further digital processing or converting digital signals into analog is the task of mixed-signal chips. With the development of powerful semiconductor processes for the production of integrated circuits, a comprehensive range of services and first-class technical support, X-FAB has become one of the world's leading companies in the semiconductor market. The company has six manufacturing sites in Germany, France, Malaysia, and USA.
X-FAB can offer its customers a broad technology portfolio and has the capacity (approximately 100,000 wafer starts per month) to meet the growing demand for analog-digital applications.
The wafers are manufactured using state-of-the-art modular CMOS processes in technologies ranging from 1.0 to 0.13 micrometers. X-FAB also offers specialty technologies such as SOI, silicon carbide (SiC) and MEMS processes. Products manufactured using X-FAB technologies are mainly used in the following areas:
- Medical technology
In Germany, X-FAB currently employs approx. 1,300 highly qualified employees. Worldwide there are about 3,800 employees working for the company.
X-FAB Dresden is providing expertise in CMOS and MEMS wafer foundry services, process development, design IP development, reliability characterization and qualification of semiconductor devices and IP mainly for automotive and industrial applications. X-FAB has the capability to offer the solutions which are aimed by this project directly to the market.
X-FAB Dresden will be an industrial partner in the project.
X-FAB Dresden will mainly contribute to the following topics:
- Theoretical approaches on Cognition and Prediction, developing Physics-of-Failure (PoF) models
- “Quality 4.0” in development and production for advanced reliability
- Implementing Design for reliability along the system development chain
- Integrating reliability checker concepts and Zero defect designs in development
X-FAB DD complements the other partners within the project as follows:
- Providing access to data to collaborate on a reliability sensitivity analysis on circuit level
- Providing material to investigate reliability-relevant failure mechanism
- Continuation of previous collaboration on reliability models and design for reliability